Perfect for a quick and economical, family meal.
450g Eastwood Farm Sausages
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp dried oregano or mixed Italian herbs
1 tsp tomato puree
400g tin chopped tomatoes
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 tsp olive oil
Optional: (1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes, ½ tsp smoked paprika, grated cheese)
- Remove the skins from the sausages and roll the sausage meat into small balls.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, add half the oil, and fry the meatballs until golden brown. Take out the meatballs and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining oil and fry the chopped onion for around 8 mins or until soft, adding the garlic for the last minute. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomato puree along with the herbs/spices and fry for a further minute, then add the chopped tomatoes. Using the empty tin, fill halfway with cold water and add that to the same pan – adding a sprinkle of sugar in at this point will help balance the bitterness of the tinned tomatoes.
- Add the browned meatballs to the sauce and simmer for about 15 mins, until the meatballs are well cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti to packet instructions.
- Add the pasta to the meatball sauce with a few spoons of the pasta cooking water. Mix well to coat.
- Top with grated cheese or a sprinkling of parsley and serve.